Summer Reading Assignment
All students are required to complete a summer reading project. There are many different types of projects so everyone should find something interesting. You must read at least one book of your choice and complete one project from the list below. Attached is a list of suggested books but you may read any book of your choice, fiction or non-fiction as long as it is a chapter book. Be prepared to present your project during the second week of school. This assignment will be part of your first nine weeks grade.
· Create a 3D model of one scene from the book.
· Construct a mobile of important events and characters from the book.
· Conduct a mock interview with a character from the book. Compose at least ten questions and answers.
· Create a personal response journal – record your feelings and reactions to characters in the book.
· Fashion a T-Shirt advertising the book and prepare to give a summary.
· Create a PowerPoint, word cloud, or other computer generated presentation about the book.
· Create a colorful bookmark including title, author, main characters, and summary of the book.
· Create a new book jacket for the book. Include all of the information that you would find on a book jacket but use original illustrations and summary.
· Make a poster with all the important information from the book.
· Create a song or poem about the book.
· Write a different ending to the story.
· Draw a comic strip of a scene from the book.
· Write a letter from one of the characters to another. Be sure to include some details from the book.
· Write a letter to the author. Include questions about the book.